Skip to the main content


$128/Bottle | Buy Now


The 2021 vintage experienced below-average precipitation in winter. Hot and windy conditions in late May and early June led to small berries, clusters, and low yields. The heat resulted in sugar advancement but delayed flavor development and phenolic ripeness. Cool fall temperatures allowed flavors to catch up, resulting in expressive white wines and intensely concentrated red wines.

The 2021 Tenor Syrah is comprised mostly of Scarline Vineyard with small amounts of Stoneridge and Thunderstone vineyards.

The fruit arrived at the winery in pristine condition after being hand-harvested and hand-sorted. Each lot was cluster-sorted and 20% whole clusters were first loaded into the fermentation vats. The remaining 80% was destemmed and berry-sorted before being added to the whole cluster fruit. The wine was left on its skins for a full 30-day+ extended maceration. After 21 months in barrel, the blend was combined in tank and bottled unfined and unfiltered. Only 260 cases produced.

Tasting Notes

The glass-staining 2021 Tenor Syrah is dark magenta and inky violet in the glass. Intriguing aromas of bramble berries, steak juice, and toasted marshmallow are supported by fragrant Spanish lavender and garrigue notes. The range on the palate impresses with notes of sour cherries, peppercorn, raspberry compote, venison, and scorched earth. The silky, fleshy tannins melt into a velvet-rich body, supported by fresh acidity. The lengthy, sexy finish impresses with dark chocolate, blueberry, blood orange, and black olive notes.

Labeled Appellation

Columbia Valley

Varietal Composition

100% Syrah



Cases Produced



Now - 2038

Awards & Accolades

"The 2021 Tenor Syrah was mainly sourced from Scarline Vineyard, with the remainder from the Stoneridge Vineyard. Stored in 100% new French oak, the wine was almost entirely de-stemmed during fermentation (roughly 10% whole cluster fermented). The aromas of green olives, and black currants grip you alongside violet rose petals and dense dark fruits. The palate is extremely concentrated with outstanding flavor density and serious complexity. Bulls blood and black olives combine with dense blackberry and black currant flavors, with salty undertones. Drinking beautifully now, enjoy this beauty over the next ten years. Drink 2023-2035"

- 96, Owen Bargreen,

Past VintagesExplore the Syrah Vintages

Left Arrow